Location: ACE HARDWARE, 1025 East Pkwy in Gatlinburg, TN
Date and Time: Friday, March 31, 2017 at 10am
On March 31st the Better Business Bureau, Allstate Insurance, TN Consumer Affairs and the Gatlinburg Chamber of Commerce, along with ACE Hardware at 1025 East Pkwy in Gatlinburg, TN; will host a free consumer education and fraud prevention event beginning at 10am for victims of the Gatlinburg fires.
Although Gatlinburg’s downtown district was spared from the fires, there are still many victims beginning the process of rebuilding homes, rental properties, and businesses. All Gatlinburg fire victims and the public are invited to attend and learn how to recognize and stop scams and disaster related fraud before it happens. Event partners have donated hundreds of consumer information packets to assist victims as the rebuilding efforts ramp up during the coming spring months.
Information Packets include:
- BBB Protect Your Paycheck
- BBB Request a Quote
- Allstate Fraud Prevention Brochure
- FTC Get More Money Now Brochure
- TN Contractors Information
- TN Commerce & Insurance Car Replacement Information
- How to Spot a Scam
- and more
Information packets may also be picked up after March 31st at the following locations:
- Allstate Insurance, Kevin Yates at 1338 Parkway Ste 1, Sevierville, TN 37862
- Gatlinburg Chamber of Commerce, 811 East Pkwy, Gatlinburg, TN 37738
- ACE Hardware, 1025 East Pkwy, Gatlinburg, TN 37738
- SmartBank, 2430 Teaster Ln #205, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863
- BBB of Greater East Tennessee, 255 N Peters Rd, Suite 102, Knoxville, TN 37923
- BBB Middle TN, 201 4th Ave. N. Nashville, TN 37219
- Allstate Insurance, Steve Blume at 601 Old Hickory Blvd B, Nashville, TN 37209
This event is a educational outreach of the Better Business Bureau of Greater East Tennessee in partnership with The Integrity Foundation, Inc., the 501(c)3 educational arm of BBB Middle TN, Allstate Insurance Company, TN Consumer Affairs and Gatlinburg Chamber of Commerce along with support of over 7,300 Accredited Businesses throughout Greater East and Middle TN and Southern Kentucky.
For further information, media representatives should contact Tony Binkley (865-692-1616 or firstname.lastname@example.org).