How Do I Rebuild?

If you lost your home in the recent Sevier County wildfires, use this information for how to get started with rebuilding your home.

Demolition permits

Sevier County is issuing Demolition permits to monitor the clean-up efforts of the fire damaged/destroyed structures. These permits will be issued through our Building Inspections department. The following information will be required for permit:

  • Project address
  • Owners name, mailing address and phone number
  • Contractor (person doing work name)
  • Contractor phone number
  • Copy of Business License or Contractors License
  • Cost of project

Any Structural walls (includes retaining walls) that remain must be evaluated by a Tennessee licensed engineer. This report shall be submitted to the Building Inspection office for approval prior to a final inspection of site will be approved. 

There will be no fee charged for this permit. 

Click Here to download our PDF application or call 865-774-7120 for more information.

Sevier County Building Inspections

Call: 865-774-7120

Do you have questions?

We can help!